Saturday, January 3, 2015

::: This Is :::















This outfit started with these faux-fur platform vinyl-quilted snow boots.

Hey, if you have stylish snow boots, who cares if it isn't snowing or raining enough to really need them -- wear them for the sake of fashion! When one stops being too picky about seasonal wear, the fashion options will be astounding.  Start with shoes and keep experimenting when the stylish weather gear you sport isn't even reflecting the current climate outside. 

I've had these boots for several years and they are probably the most comfortable boots my feet have ever been blessed to be in. But the comfort doesn't come without some restriction; when wearing boots of such sizable volume, it's practically essential to wear something form-fitting around the legs to give shape to your already layered body. I love chunkier footwear designs but they definitely limit leg attire.

I chose a darker mix of fun and professional clothing for this outfit. When making an outfit decidedly all-black, I find it's important to add some extra interest; my favorite way to do this is a concoction of different textures and shimmers. In this outfit, the bow-tie, fingerless moto gloves, faux-leathers, vinyl and velvet all create extra interest to an all-black attire on-par with dark minimalism.

This is an outfit that makes me feel kick-ass and fancy at the same time. Like an androgynous 90's anime spy....

What are your favorite ways to style your lovely weather-specific items? 


round vintage sunglasses :: 90's armani :: my ma ::: black fingerless motorcycle gloves :: leg avenue :: sock dreams ::: black vintage bow-tie  ::: vintage black velvet button-up ::: big black faux leather vintage bag ::: black blazer :: ellie tahari :: macy's ::: black matte legging :: american apparel :: buffalo exchange :::  black faux-fur vinyl platform boots :: similar ::: 

:: This Is :: Grace Jones ::



( [music description] : grace jones beats & raps )

Photos: Alex Baumann
Copyright: Amanda Hatheway / Styleynn
2015




2 comments:

  1. This looks so cool. I love the gothiness and the masculinity of the look; you look like what I think the German expressionist heroine of a film would look like if there were still German expressionists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, I’m not out to please you. Lemme gonna wanna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

    Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, guhroovaliciousness (-Austin POW!ers), pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy, Reality-Firepower-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF NEVER-ENDING-POSSIBILITIES. Yes, we’ll have a high-flying, immense-impression to be an outstanding-red-marker! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

    ReplyDelete